This is something I found on EatingWell a few years ago and something Mr. Foodie and I enjoy at least once a year. As soon I realized Avocado’s were on sale at Aldi I knew they would make the rotation again.
slightly adapted from EatingWell
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar (I use Red Wine Vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped canned chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 15 ounce can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 rip avocado
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
Whisk vinegar, oil, chipotle and salt in medium bowl. **I freeze my Chipotle’s in Adobo. Whenever I open a new can I freeze the contents in Tablespoon’s worth on a sheet of wax paper that is rolled up tight and stuck in a freezer bag. They’ll last almost forever like this…or so *they* say. We go through ours pretty quick.
Add cabbage, carrot and cilantro.
Toss to combine.
Mash beans and avocado with fork or potato masher in separate bowl. Stir in cheese and onion. **Somehow I forgot to take pics of this part.
Spread bean/avocado mixture across wraps…I used Spinach Wraps this day. Top with slaw mixture.
Roll up and serve.